Wednesday 10 April 2013

Zain Ghana: How to Pre-Register Your Dream Phone Number



Due to the overwhelming interest in my previous blog post “Zain Ghana Number Reservation“, I feel obliged to follow it up with a detailed guideline on how to pre-register your phone number on the Zain Ghana network.
I need to point out that Zain Ghana itself, caused some of the confusion on the Internet today. I fail to understand why they preferred a sub-domain like ichoose.gh.zain.com to promote this number reservation drive. Such a not-so-simple sub-domain is very open to mis-spellings and many are those who have been mis-spelling thus being led to the wrong websites, or getting error messages. Zain Ghana should have simply promoted http://gh.zain.com with a re-direct to www.gh.zain.com or dutifully registered zain.com.gh with a redirect to www.gh.zain.com Also, I do not see how they could allow rancardmobility.com to host the phone number reservation application. Of course, I understand that RanCard Mobility is their application developer in this case, but the application should still have been hosted on Zain Ghana’s own website.
Phone number pre-registration is nothing new. Just recently, Etisalat Nigeria heavily promoted its www.etisalat.com.ng and that same website hosted its pre-registration scheme.
From many on the comments I got on my previous blog post, many complained about not being able to get to the 3rd registration page but I just completed it without a problem and I got a confirmation immediately via SMS and email. I have crossed-out the sensitive details:
Congratulations Oluniyi!
You have successfully reserved your Zain number. Your details are below;
Your Zain Number: 026 XXXXXXX
Reservation Code: XXXXXXXX
Please keep your reservation code safe. You will need it to retrieve your Zain number.
Zain. A Wonderful World.
I feel Rancard could do more by providing a step-by-step detailed guide for the average Kofi and Ama. An FAQ section would also be nice.
For those who find still the reservation website too difficult to use, you may reserve the phone number of your choice by calling Zain Ghana directly on 026-0000111. Better still, you can visit one of the Zain canopies in town. I saw a few of them around Kwame Nkrumah Circle yesterday. Be sure you are dealing with the right people in Zain polo t-shirts and do not pay to anyone to pre-register your Zain Ghana phone number.
Welcome to Ghana, Zain.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Ghana News - Posts · Comments
Designed By Misbaw Inc